Friday, July 07, 2006

Dad has a "minor" stroke, I go visit America

Two days after my job ended, I got a message from my mom that Dad has had a "little" stroke. He's been frail for the last five years, so this was not unexpected. Still, it seems as if his poor old tired body is shutting down. Curt and I will leave tonight. He will stay for one week and I will stay for at least two weeks. (He has to get back to go to work. I don't. Ha.)

It's with a mixture of melancholy and anticipation that we return to the States. Besides being there to help my mom and see my dad, we will get to see our boys! My brother and his family will also be there about the same time, so it seems like a good time to visit.

Overall, it seems fortuitous that I am currently unemployed and available to go visit the States. Perhaps everything is working out for the best.

No comments: