Sunday, February 05, 2006

New Wheels, part II

Today we set out to buy a second car, since we both have jobs now. The plan was to go to a used car dealer on Auto Row and look for a small car for me – maybe something about 5 years old, with about 50,000 km.

On the way there, I saw a blue VW bug for sale at a small lot. (Curt used to drive a red VW in Portland and LOVED it) I made the mistake of hollering "Look, there's a blue Beetle for sale!" Boy do I regret that now.Curt screeched to a halt, turned the car around, and you know the rest of the story. We never made it to the auto dealer to get a car for me, but Curt is now the proud owner of a blue VW Beetle. The transaction was all over within 30 minutes.

I think there's a moral to this story. Perhaps something about keeping my mouth shut?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! Classic Dwaad. Classic.

Anonymous said...

"Pack it up!"